Categories:

Freshman Friday – Karren Zhuang

Karren Zhuang is excited to be here at MECA!
Image by Desiree Vasquez

When friendly and spirited Karren Zhuang began her freshman year here at Mt. SAC Early College Academy, he was amazed with the community and classes offered here. She says, “I knew it was a great opportunity that would help me in the future because I would be able to obtain my associate’s degree alongside my high school degree and save a lot of money.” 

Along with loving the school’s opportunities, she plans on taking advantage of it by joining some of the clubs offered. So far, Karren has joined the Key club, Cat club, Jewelry club, and Investing club. These clubs have allowed her to learn new things and that also corresponds with her hobbies.  

“Some of my hobbies include drawing and sewing,” she says  

Along with being involved with the clubs and her hobbies, Karren is also on the MECA dance team.The dance team has practices on Tuesdays and Thursdays after school from 4pm-6pm and are held by Ms. Julie. She explains, ”In dance practice, we start by running, and then we stretch and either practice our existing routines or learn new routines.”

One of her favorite classes she is currently taking is ceramics. She loves how they are able to create new art pieces and how versatile each project is. So far they have made pitch pots; hand rolling pieces, mugs, bowls and little tile pieces as well.  

Karren plans on taking marine biology, statistics, trigonometry and more in her future years here. She wants to get an associate’s degree in mathematics, she says, “I think I will overcome college courses by having a schedule and being organized.” 

She is excited for the new classes and clubs as well as joyful years ahead at MECA. 

Donate to The Academy Chronicle
$230
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Mt. SAC Early College Academy. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.