Senior Sendoff | Julia Hernandez

The Vice President of ASB herself, Julia Hernandez!
Image by Julia Hernandez

As president of the Mt. SAC Early College Academy (MECA) Craft Club, senior Julia Hernandez has made the best of her high school years here. As she enters a new era in her life, Julia decides to begin a career path in science. 

Julia explains, “I’m thinking of going to college and focusing on science since that’s my favorite subject.”

When asked what she believes is her biggest achievement in high school, Julia decided it was Craft Club, explaining that she feels that many people learned and benefited from joining.

Finally, after learning and growing throughout the 4 years of high school, through ups and downs, Julia was asked what she would say to her past-self just going into high school. She would tell herself not to procrastinate. Explaining that even as a senior she is still procrastinating, “I’m still doing that now and it hasn’t gone well.”

As you enter your adult years, you’d of course leave behind memories that you made throughout your school years and whether or not you’d see them again is really unknown. As for Julia, she says that she’ll miss her friends. “I don’t really know what to expect going into college because I don’t know if I’ll end up with my friends or not.”