The Student News Site of Mt. SAC Early College Academy

The Academy Chronicle

The Academy Chronicle

The Academy Chronicle

Freshman Friday- Diana Cardona

Image by Victoria Romero
Chosen for Freshman Friday at MECA, Diana Cardona talks about her love for playing soccer and the guitar.

Diana Cardona is one of the new amazing freshmen attending Mt. SAC Early College Academy (MECA). Already having an older sibling, junior Jeremy Cardona, Diana already knew some things about our amazing school.

Diana is delighted about all her classes she is taking and loves all the staff at MECA.  “[My favorite class is] Spanish, [and] my favorite teacher is Ms. Bell” she said during an interview. She explained that she loved Ms. Bell’s “vibes and [how] she’s cool” and she finds her Spanish class easy for her.

During club rush, Diana joined Key Club, which is run by senior Arielle Fabros, and Craft Club, which is run by senior Julia Hernandez. She and her friends also joined the MECA dance team!

Her activities after school include playing soccer and the drums. Diana has been playing soccer for over a year now at Edgewood and is enjoying it greatly.  She has also been playing the drums for about a year after her cousin introduced it to her. Since then, she has been going to classes to learn how to play.

Enjoying MECA a lot, Diana is ready to start showing her school spirit, especially for her house Sigma. When interviewed Diana had said, “I like this school, it’s really good.”

Diana is excited to be here at MECA and is ready for her future!