Freshman Friday- Joseph Gonzales

Joseph Gonzales (in the black hoodie) in Art class with his friend Steven Narido (in the green shirt)

Image by Victoria Romero

Freshman Joseph Gonzales is a student attending Mt. SAC Early College Academy. Joseph first heard about this school last year saying, “a lot of people from my middle school were going to go here.” Hearing all about this amazing school he had to attend.

Joseph Gonzales also likes the friendly community this school has, saying how “It’s small and it’s nice”. Joseph is also enjoying the clubs MECA has to offer, he is looking forward to joining more clubs next year when he is a sophomore. Currently he is in the Paw Patrol Club.

And with the small friendly community this school has many nice and respectable students and staff members. “Yeah I like the people here, they’re all nice” stated Joseph. MECA also has a variety of different and fun classes you can take. In the interview when asked what his favorite class was Joseph says “Art class I guess, which is taught by Mr. Barriga.”

Joseph also has an activity going on outside of school. This activity is soccer. Joseph has been playing soccer since he was 6, so for about 8 years now. He enjoys the sport very much and plays it at La Puente Park. Although when asked if he is going to continue playing soccer he replied with “Maybe I’m not sure yet.” But for sure Joseph does not plan on joining another sport.

One of his friends, Vincent Hernandez, a freshman, described him as “Cool, funny, tall, and smart.” Joseph Gonzales is so happy to be attending MECA and is excited for the future years to come and the many opportunities this school has to offer!