Associated Student Body Office Campaigns

Image by Mt. SAC Early College Academy

Featuring the Mt. SAC Early College Academy logo, physical campus, and House symbols, this image represents the 2021 Associated Student Body Office Campaigns.

With students campaigning for Associated Student Body Executive Board and House Office positions, the student body will elect new student officers on Friday, April 30. Amidst steep competition, numerous students are concerned with selecting candidates. Here is what you need to know:

Campaign Speeches

Are you interested in learning more about candidates’ goals and experiences? View the April 23, 2021 Associated Student Body announcements! Showcasing academic reminders and campaign speeches, the announcements provide detailed representations of candidates’ future aspirations and previous encounters!

Campaign Flyers

Campaign flyers are a fundamental aspect of student campaigning. With creativity and engagement, candidates have posted campaign flyers to the Mt. SAC Early College Academy Community Google Classroom and Instagram platform in promoting candidacy.

Live Q&A

Prior to the election, the Associated Student Body will host a Live Q&A with candidates answering students’ questions live on Friday, April 30. This event is a unique opportunity for students to better understand candidates’ goals and experiences before electing student officers!

Positions and Duties

The following demonstrates the candidates and responsibilities of each Associated Student Body office position:

President

Candidates for the Associated Student Body President position include Payton Zarceno.

According to the Mt. SAC Early College Academy Associated Student Body website, the duties of Associated Student Body President consist of…

1. “Upholding and defending the ASB Constitution.”
  2. “Attending Bi-Weekly Executive Board Meetings with ASB Advisor.”
  3. “Presiding at all ASB Cabinet meetings.”
  4. “Exercising necessary veto power over all ASB Cabinet.”
  5. “Calling, with approval of the Principal, any necessary special meetings.”
  6. “Assuming, within parameters established by the ASB Advisor, responsibility for the entire ASB Cabinet.”
  7. “Casting one vote in the event of a tied decision of the cabinet.”
  8. “Presiding over weekly executive board meetings.”
  9. “Ensuring the productivity of the members in the Leadership course.”
  10. “Delegating duties to vice president, secretary, treasurer.”
  11. “Speaking at school events.”
  12. “Collaborating with and updating ASB advisor.”
  13. “Announcing morning and after school preparation days.”
  14. “Prepare and present bi-weekly reports to the Board of Education.”
  15. “Planning Senior Class Reunions (5 yr, 10 yr, 15 yr, 20 yr).”

Vice President

Candidates for the Associated Student Body Vice President position include Anisa Oza.

According to the Mt. SAC Early College Academy Associated Student Body website, the duties of Associated Student Body Vice President consist of…

1. “Taking over duties when the president is not available.”
  3. “Presiding at Cabinet meetings in the President’s absence.”
  4. “Succeeding to the Presidency in the event of incapacity or removal from office.”
  5. “Conducting all elections and forums.”
  6. “Supervising yearly revision of the Constitution.”
  7. “Interpreting the Constitution for the ASB Cabinet.”
  8. “Serving as the ASB representative to the Parent Booster Club.”
  9. “Delegating duties to elected Commissioners/Committee Leaders.”
  10. “Polling and collecting feedback from students, staff, and community members.”
  11. “Overseeing all student, staff, and faculty recognition.”

Secretary

Candidates for the Associated Student Body Secretary position include Maureen Smith, Trennian Moralde, and Daniela Arreola.

According to the Mt. SAC Early College Academy Associated Student Body website, the duties of Associated Student Body Secretary consist of…

1. “Recording and publishing the minutes of all ASB Cabinet and Executive Board meetings.”
  3. “Maintaining and distributing copies of the ASB Constitution.”
  4. “Maintaining a record of all correspondence of interest to ASB, and corresponding with other agencies as directed by the Executive Board.”
  5. “Preparing a revised roster of the Cabinet within a three-week period following any ASB election or addition to the class.”
  6. “Finalizing announcements and approving announcement requests from clubs.”
  7. “Sending announcements to ASB advisor and administrator for final approval.”
  8. “Verifying productivity on the ASB scrum board.”
  9. “Updating ASB Advisor of any losses of equipment, materials, and/or technology as reported by Director of Facilities.”
  10. “Keeping official record of House points, as reported by Director of Houses.”
  11. “Creating and updating the ASB Master Calendar.”

Treasurer

Candidates for the Associated Student Body Treasurer position include Katelyn Cherry.

According to the Mt. SAC Early College Academy Associated Student Body website, the duties of Associated Student Body Treasurer consist of…

1. “Maintaining and disseminating financial status reports to the ASB Cabinet.”
  2. “Creating a balanced budget for the upcoming school year.”
  3. “Adhering to the budget outlined and approved by the previous ASB.”
  4. “Attending Bi-Weekly Executive Board Meetings with ASB Advisor.”
  5. “Keeping record of pre- and post-event revenue.”
  6. “Keeping record of and finalizing ASB expense requests prior to submittal to ASB Advisor.”
  7. “Keeping record of change funds and funds to be deposited stored in the cash box.”
  8. “Generating fundraising opportunities and ideas for ASB approval.”
  9. “Updating ASB Secretary with upcoming fundraising events.”
  10. “Finalizing all revenue projections and fundraiser approvals prior to submittal to ASB Advisor.”
  11. “Periodically reviewing and revising the ASB budget at every month with assistance from the Finances committee and ASB Advisor.”
  12. “Delegating jobs to the Finances Committee.”
  13. “Approving incentive ideas as reported by Director of Houses.”

Gamma House President

Candidates for the Associated Student Body Gamma House President position include Lauren Diep, Julia Hernandez, and Anabel Martinez.

According to the Mt. SAC Early College Academy Associated Student Body website, the duties of Associated Student Body House President consist of…

1. “Attend daily leadership class and weekly business meetings.”
  2. “Oversee the scheduling and planning of House competitions.”
  3. “Survey House members for ideas for House competitions and constructive feedback.”
  4. “Communicate survey results from House to the Director of Houses.”
  5. “Act as chairperson for the planning and hosting of a portion of the House Competitions (responsibility rotated by each House President).”
  6. “Assist Commissioner of Events in planning and executing all school events.”

Kappa House President

Candidates for the Associated Student Body Kappa House President position include Adriana Sanabria.

Delta House President

Candidates for the Associated Student Body Delta House President position include Melvyn Hernandez and Madison Diaz.

Sigma House President

Candidates for the Associated Student Body Sigma House President position include Lana Liev.

As student officers represent the overall student body, student engagement is essential within Associated Student Body elections. Utilizing provided resources in better selecting a student candidate, students may participate in the student body election Friday, April 30 during third-period homeroom. Good luck!